Senior PR & Social Media Manager - Yorkshire
As part of an international business our client has a great position in the UK market and has been recognised with numerous industry awards over the years. This role will be key to achieving their growth plans to build on the 20m+ customers they have globally. As Senior PR & Social Media Manager you will build the brand through developing the PR plan, running the press office and driving the growth of social media. As a people focused business this client truly values its staff and the successful candidate will not only be rewarded with a competitive financial package but also a business that will support your growth and development.
- Create and deliver the PR plan, working with senior stakeholders across the business to ensure its alignment with the wider marketing strategy and global activity
- Manage the day to day running of the press office, responding to and proactively generating media relations opportunities and comment
- Manage a PR agency to effectively deliver campaigns and ongoing results against the defined media plan
- Develop and implement the social media plan, identifying key industry influencers to work with in creating engaging content across multiple digital media platforms
- Proactively manage the PR budget and ensure KPIs are in place for PR and social media activity
- Provide media training and brief internal parties to ensure media comment is readily available and act as company spokesperson where necessary
- Coach, inspire and develop a small team whilst influencing and motivating a wider matrix structure.
- Demonstrable experience in developing communication that drives specific business results and commercial awareness of the value of PR
- Passionate communicator with an enthusiasm for creating stories and engaging audiences both online and offline
- Strong relationship management skills to ensure journalist and blogger relationships are built and maintained
- A digital intuition to relate to all PR activity, creating ideas that will enable stories to live online
- Excellent written skills able to produce compelling comms materials, including briefings, presentations and announcements
- Strong agency management experience, including proven ability to lead and drive agency performance and creativity
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to present in senior forums and provide best practice PR and social media advice to senior executives
MET Marketing is acting as an employment agency in relation to this Senior Social Media & PR Manager job.
"MET Marketing has recently placed a Marketing Manager with us and I have no hesitation in recommending. This is the first time I have dealt with MET and from day 1 the communication has been fantastic. He was given a brief and ran with it in which he sent some great and relevant candidates... never pushy and managed our company brand and candidate experience really well"Talent Acquisition Specialist Retail
"a fantastic help to me in finding my next role and helping me in the next step of progressing my career... provided excellent advice and went above and beyond to ensure that I had all of the information I needed and has been very supportive from start to finish"Product Manager Financial Services
"before long I had a job at a great company... took a real interest in what I told her I was after and the job I'm in meets that criteria. If you're looking for someone to get you the job you want, you should definitely get in touch"Designer Sports
Talent Acquisition Specialist Retail
Product Manager Financial Services