Retail Product Manager - Yorkshire
Due to an internal promotion MET are now recruiting a great new role for this leading Consumer manufacturer in West Yorkshire.
As Product Manager you will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
The key remit is to develop and introduce new products to the market. You will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
- Constantly evaluate product sales, competitor activity and consumer needs to aid NPD decision making and product range selection.
- Enhance new and existing product portfolio through product redesign, packaging, branding etc.
- Organising and supporting market research projects with external agencies.
- Lead projects through the product development process ensuring time, cost and quality targets are met.
- Managing global requirements and working with Far East vendors.
- Provide range and category management to key customers.
- Work with design agencies to develop top of class packaging and colour direction.
- Working closely with the Product Engineering Centre to co-ordinate local market agency approvals for all categories. Ensure all documentation is complete and adheres to the latest legislation.
- Co-ordinate samples and products approvals to enable mass production to proceed.
- Degree level or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years' marketing and product related experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Sound grasp of marketing principles: products, pricing, channel, market research
- Be able to collate disparate facts into a rational strategy
- Ability to communicate at all levels, work cross functionally and a team player
- PC literate and numerate with an attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
In order to be considered for this role you must already have substantial experience in Product Management ideally gained in the DIY sector or similar.
This Product Manager job is commutable of Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and Halifax.
MET Marketing are acting as an employment agency in relation to this Product Manager job.
"exceptional at helping me secure my desired role as a Marketing Executive after I was made redundant... went above and beyond to ensure I was fully prepared for all my interviews and presentations... an approachable but professional service that was second to none. I would highly recommend"Marketing Executive Leisure
"My experience... was exceptional. From initial contact until she successfully placed me into my role, she consistently supported me in my application and kept me up to date with the process... went above and beyond to ensure I was prepared for interviews and provided an approachable but professional service. Highly recommended"Customer Media Planner Agency
"took the time to understand my career to date and expertly matched my skills to the requirements resulting in a fantastic career move for me...honest and friendly and kept me up to date with all the progress as soon as information became available. I would highly recommend"PPC & Analytics Executive Digital Agency
Marketing Executive Leisure
Customer Media Planner Agency
PPC & Analytics Executive Digital Agency