Retail Product Manager - Yorkshire
Due to an internal promotion MET are now recruiting a great new role for this leading Consumer manufacturer in West Yorkshire.
As Product Manager you will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
The key remit is to develop and introduce new products to the market. You will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
- Constantly evaluate product sales, competitor activity and consumer needs to aid NPD decision making and product range selection.
- Enhance new and existing product portfolio through product redesign, packaging, branding etc.
- Organising and supporting market research projects with external agencies.
- Lead projects through the product development process ensuring time, cost and quality targets are met.
- Managing global requirements and working with Far East vendors.
- Provide range and category management to key customers.
- Work with design agencies to develop top of class packaging and colour direction.
- Working closely with the Product Engineering Centre to co-ordinate local market agency approvals for all categories. Ensure all documentation is complete and adheres to the latest legislation.
- Co-ordinate samples and products approvals to enable mass production to proceed.
- Degree level or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years' marketing and product related experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Sound grasp of marketing principles: products, pricing, channel, market research
- Be able to collate disparate facts into a rational strategy
- Ability to communicate at all levels, work cross functionally and a team player
- PC literate and numerate with an attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
In order to be considered for this role you must already have substantial experience in Product Management ideally gained in the DIY sector or similar.
This Product Manager job is commutable of Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and Halifax.
MET Marketing are acting as an employment agency in relation to this Product Manager job.
"My experience... was exceptional. From initial contact until she successfully placed me into my role, she consistently supported me in my application and kept me up to date with the process... went above and beyond to ensure I was prepared for interviews and provided an approachable but professional service. Highly recommended"Customer Media Planner Agency
"MET Marketing helped me find my most recent role and provided a supportive and expert service, ensuring I was matched with the right company in the right position. I would have no hesitation in recommending MET to others"Product Manager Financial Services
"blows me away with how invested she is with each and every one of her contacts; from the moment we first spoke I knew she was really listening and had understood what motivates me and where I was looking to go with my career, even though at that stage I wasn't too sure myself."Senior Sales Executive Retail Agency
Customer Media Planner Agency
Product Manager Financial Services
Senior Sales Executive Retail Agency