Retail Product Manager - Yorkshire
Due to an internal promotion MET are now recruiting a great new role for this leading Consumer manufacturer in West Yorkshire.
As Product Manager you will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
The key remit is to develop and introduce new products to the market. You will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
- Constantly evaluate product sales, competitor activity and consumer needs to aid NPD decision making and product range selection.
- Enhance new and existing product portfolio through product redesign, packaging, branding etc.
- Organising and supporting market research projects with external agencies.
- Lead projects through the product development process ensuring time, cost and quality targets are met.
- Managing global requirements and working with Far East vendors.
- Provide range and category management to key customers.
- Work with design agencies to develop top of class packaging and colour direction.
- Working closely with the Product Engineering Centre to co-ordinate local market agency approvals for all categories. Ensure all documentation is complete and adheres to the latest legislation.
- Co-ordinate samples and products approvals to enable mass production to proceed.
- Degree level or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years' marketing and product related experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Sound grasp of marketing principles: products, pricing, channel, market research
- Be able to collate disparate facts into a rational strategy
- Ability to communicate at all levels, work cross functionally and a team player
- PC literate and numerate with an attention to detail
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
In order to be considered for this role you must already have substantial experience in Product Management ideally gained in the DIY sector or similar.
This Product Manager job is commutable of Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and Halifax.
MET Marketing are acting as an employment agency in relation to this Product Manager job.
"provided me with a couple of opportunities while I was unemployed and while other recruitment companies appeared desperate to push anyone into any of their roles... always delivered relevant and interesting opportunities and further helped my case with in-depth knowledge, tips and an honest approach"Account Manager Retail
"approached me after finding my CV online, and recommend I apply for a position that she felt was suited to me, and I am now living my professional dream with that company... very encouraging and motivational during the process, and full of helpful tips and advice"Content Executive Agency
"a cut above the rest of the industry in my experience... a forensic approach to understanding the business, the role, the hiring manager and the candidates, coupled with an intrinsic knowledge of the local landscape I have seen great results"Head of Business Development Digital Agency
Account Manager Retail
Content Executive Agency
Head of Business Development Digital Agency