Product Manager - Yorkshire
Due to an internal promotion MET are now recruiting a great new role for this leading global organisation.
As Product Manager you will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
The key remit is to develop and introduce new products to the market. You will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
* Constantly evaluate product sales, competitor activity and consumer needs to aid NPD decision making and product range selection.
* Organising and supporting market research projects with external agencies.
* Lead projects through the product development process ensuring time, cost and quality targets are met.
* Managing global requirements and working with Far East vendors.
* Liaising with the Global NPD team, represent local markets on cost improvement initiatives.
* Work with design agencies to develop top of class packaging and colour direction.
* Working closely with the Product Engineering Centre to co-ordinate local market agency approvals for all categories. Ensure all documentation is complete and adheres to the latest legislation.
* Co-ordinate samples and products approvals to enable mass production to proceed.
* Degree level or equivalent with a minimum of five years marketing and product related experience, preferably in a complex trade environment.
* Sound grasp of marketing principles: products, pricing, channel, market research
* Be able to collate disparate facts into a rational strategy
* Ability to communicate at all levels, work cross functionally and a team player
* PC literate and numerate with an attention to detail
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
In order to be considered for this role you must already have substantial experience in Product Management ideally gained in the DIY sector or similar.
This Product Manager job is commutable of Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and Halifax.
MET Marketing are acting as an employment agency in relation to this Product Manager job.
"very communicative... gave me some very useful tips for my interview, as did his colleagues at MET Marketing. He was very honest and straight-up about what to expect. Supportive, but realistic. He was also careful not to put me forward for anything he didn't think suitable... this has been my best experience of a recruitment consultant"Content Writer Insurance
"an absolute pleasure to work with and successfully placed me in a great role which I am very happy with. Furthermore, every interview that was arranged for me was spot on, carefully considered, well managed and very appropriate. I wouldn't hesitate using her or MET Marketing again"Digital Account Manager Agency
"the ideal recruiter... works around your own busy schedules and understands how best to communicate with you. I will continue to work with and would recommend her and the team at MET to anyone looking to recruit"Head of Digital Agency
Content Writer Insurance
Digital Account Manager Agency
Head of Digital Agency