Product Manager - Yorkshire
Due to an internal promotion MET are now recruiting a great new role for this leading global organisation.
As Product Manager you will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
The key remit is to develop and introduce new products to the market. You will take responsibility for creating and implementing product development plans that aim to deliver innovation and growth in sales and profitability.
* Constantly evaluate product sales, competitor activity and consumer needs to aid NPD decision making and product range selection.
* Organising and supporting market research projects with external agencies.
* Lead projects through the product development process ensuring time, cost and quality targets are met.
* Managing global requirements and working with Far East vendors.
* Liaising with the Global NPD team, represent local markets on cost improvement initiatives.
* Work with design agencies to develop top of class packaging and colour direction.
* Working closely with the Product Engineering Centre to co-ordinate local market agency approvals for all categories. Ensure all documentation is complete and adheres to the latest legislation.
* Co-ordinate samples and products approvals to enable mass production to proceed.
* Degree level or equivalent with a minimum of five years marketing and product related experience, preferably in a complex trade environment.
* Sound grasp of marketing principles: products, pricing, channel, market research
* Be able to collate disparate facts into a rational strategy
* Ability to communicate at all levels, work cross functionally and a team player
* PC literate and numerate with an attention to detail
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
In order to be considered for this role you must already have substantial experience in Product Management ideally gained in the DIY sector or similar.
This Product Manager job is commutable of Leeds, Huddersfield, Bradford and Halifax.
MET Marketing are acting as an employment agency in relation to this Product Manager job.
"MET Marketing always have a great selection of candidates to choose from. MET have recruited roles for me across Digital, Creative, PR and Marketing. They are my go-to recruitment company for all marketing staff. The team are super helpful, professional and understand the industry inside out"Marketing Manager Retail
"the ideal recruiter... works around your own busy schedules and understands how best to communicate with you. I will continue to work with and would recommend her and the team at MET to anyone looking to recruit"Head of Digital Agency
"explained each job role clearly, explaining how my transferable skills could make me suitable for the job...organised all the relevant information and sent them over to me as soon as the call was over... directions and tips when it came to the interviewing stage"Digital Analyst Digital Agency
Marketing Manager Retail
Head of Digital Agency
Digital Analyst Digital Agency