Marketing Director - Yorkshire
One of the fastest growing scale up organisations in Yorkshire is recruiting for a Marketing Director to join the leadership team as they invest in the growth of the business.
As the first permanent marketing appointment you will be responsible for the strategic direction of marketing in alignment with the business goals. You'll need to appreciate both the excitement brought by being within a scale-up business and the rewards that brings, along with thriving on the challenges of being responsible for delivery as well as strategy. This is not a job where you'll direct a large team but rather one where you will roll up your sleeves, get under the skin of the business, create strategy and implement activity.
You will engage the business with your vision and lead the delivery of this through close working relationships with a number of functions across the organisation. Key to this will be a clear and detailed understanding of b2b technology consultancy services marketing, brand, lead generation, social media and web. You will own all of these aspects and with the support of agencies will deliver ongoing activity and campaigns which help drive awareness, engagement and growth.
- In partnership with the leadership team be responsible for establishing the company's marketing vision and strategy, developing the brand, marketing position and proposition.
- Lead all aspects of the company's marketing execution - creating processes and ways of working and taking control of all things marketing.
- Own the roadmap for marketing across all channels with ownership for the present and future website, social media activity and content strategy.
- Management of budgets and setting out a plan for both marketing activity and team growth demonstrating requirements and anticipated results.
- Continually increasing the reputation of the brand, earning a position as thought leaders and ultimately driving demand.
- Lead and deliver strategy for content marketing including aspects such as the creation of white papers, webinar events, hosted offline events, social media, web content, podcasts and any other content led activity.
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategy in a senior leadership role within marketing for a b2b technology services consultancy organisation.
- Capable of immediately building internal relationships and confidently leading marketing agenda.
- Willing and able to be hands-on in delivery of strategy, this role will initially have no direct team, although this will be grown over time.
- Proven ability growing a brand and creating thought leadership opportunities for businesses or the people within them.
- Strengths in content led marketing activity and demonstrable experience in growing social media as a b2b marketing channel.
The Location and Flexibility:
This Marketing Director job is based close to Leeds city centre with easy access on public transport from surrounding towns and cities including Sheffield, Harrogate, York, Huddersfield and Wakefield. Whilst some remote working is possible the ideal would be for a regular presence in the office so you will need to be based nearby and be prepared to be in the office up to 5 days a week if / when required.
As well as a significant six-figure basic salary, you'll also receive an enhanced pension, bonus and within your first 12 months could secure equity options. Additionally you'll get a number of further benefits such as freebies, nights out, city centre parking options, health perks and more.
MET Marketing is acting as an employment agency in relation to this Marketing Director job.
Hi I'm Tom Fordham, get in touch to discuss this role today:
Tom worked in in-house recruitment before moving consultancy side and has never looked back. Working his way through the ranks, Tom has become an essential name on the lips of marketing job seekers and managers in Leeds and across the North. Having over 15 years experience in a range of markets, Tom has a particular specialism in Financial Services, Leisure and Gaming. Outside of the office he can be found entertaining his young family and if he's able to escape maybe on the local golf course (when we say on, it’s more to the side).
- M: 07508 876 551
- E: email@example.com
- T: 0113 898 0241
"our go-to for our recruitment needs. She works tirelessly, is well connected and truly understands the briefs put to her. She's also fun to deal with!"Managing Director Marketing Agency
"the ideal recruiter... works around your own busy schedules and understands how best to communicate with you. I will continue to work with and would recommend her and the team at MET to anyone looking to recruit"Head of Digital Agency
"well connected and works hard to find you the perfect hire... prioritizes quality, not quantity... maintained timely communication with us throughout the process, was friendly and extremely helpful. I'd definitely recommend"Head of CRO & Analytics Digital Agency
Managing Director Marketing Agency
Head of Digital Agency
Head of CRO & Analytics Digital Agency