Communications Manager - Yorkshire
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation with a great social conscience, emphasis on community and pure values. The Communications Manager role is a new position within the business and will lead the communications strategy to stakeholders and business partners through a range of channels. You will work alongside a PR Manager and will build an annual comms calendar for proactive messaging to stakeholders through email, video, social, web and print. Additionally you will take responsibility for internal comms for the rapidly growing employee base which is approaching 1000 heads across multiple functions and locations.
- Create and own annual communications calendar.
- Regularly communicate to stakeholders across the industry and at an educational and political level to drive societal change.
- Lead multi-site internal communications to a range of different audiences.
- Utilise a variety of communications channels across print, email, web and social creating written, visual and audio content.
- Lead and develop communications executive.
- Use initiative to identify opportunities and be proactive in growing the business communications strategy.
- Experience within stakeholder communications within either FMCG, food services or retail related businesses.
- Proactive and autonomous in approach with a positive attitude to making a difference at work.
- Proven in communications calendar / strategy development.
- Held responsibility for team / people management.
- Excellent content creator, willing to roll sleeves up and create communications when required.
- Experience through work or outside of work with social enterprises, charity or community initiatives.
- Understanding of multiple comms channels online and offline.
To be considered it is essential that you have managed business communications within the supply chain of an FMCG, Food Services or Retail related business.
The role is not a PR or consumer brand led role so please ensure your expertise is in stakeholder communications rather than brand marketing.
This Communications Manager job can be based remotely with occasional travel to sites across the UK and regular (monthly) meetings in South Yorkshire.
MET Marketing is acting as an employment agency in relation to this Corporate Comms Manager job.
Hi I'm Tom Fordham, get in touch to discuss this role today:
Tom has worked in in-house recruitment before moving consultancy side for the last 13 years and has never looked back. Working his way through the ranks, Tom has become an essential name on the lips of marketing job seekers and managers in Leeds and across the North. Having experience in a range of markets, Tom has a particular specialism in Financial Services, Leisure and Gaming. Outside of the office he can be found on the golf course (when we say on, it’s more to the side) or in the restaurants and bars of North Leeds.
- M: 07508 876 551
- E: email@example.com
- T: 0113 898 0241
"extremely supportive throughout the whole process in finding me the right role. He kept me informed, negotiated on my behalf, and helped me gain confidence when I needed it most. I would definitely recommend working with MET"Marketing Manager Charity
"took the time to understand my skill set, knowledge base and person to provide a detailed insight into the opportunities that were best suited... I was made aware of all developments as and when they happened, receiving advice and guidance along the way, and was even provided with information on relocating... I would highly recommend MET Marketing"Digital Marketing Manager Gaming
"very communicative... gave me some very useful tips for my interview, as did his colleagues at MET Marketing. He was very honest and straight-up about what to expect. Supportive, but realistic. He was also careful not to put me forward for anything he didn't think suitable... this has been my best experience of a recruitment consultant"Content Writer Insurance
Marketing Manager Charity
Digital Marketing Manager Gaming
Content Writer Insurance