Commercial Director - Yorkshire
Victoria Plumb is the UK’s leading retailer of bathrooms and accessories. As a web and direct-to-consumer specialist business they are at the leading edge of the digital space, and through difficult economic conditions have seen consistent and significant increases in turnover and profit over recent years.
This phenomenal success and growth can be attributed to sound commercial investment along with an exciting, design lead product range. Marketing has truly felt the benefit of this investment as the budget has grown to over £6m and the business launched its first significant TV campaign at the end of 2012.
Victoria Plumb is going through another dynamic period of exciting growth and change. With an anticipated turnover of circa £45m for 2013/14 and further growth towards £100m within 3 years, they are a major player in their market and a go-to brand for customers. This role is about taking the business to the next level by continuing the growth and development of brand equity and sales. This will mean a significant push on marketing and key will be the development of insight into the customer and market to develop a sound short and long-term multi-channel marketing strategy with quantifiable ROI.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be experienced in managing £multi-million marketing budgets and will need to be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of multi-channel marketing and have proven experience of delivering successful ROI. The role will require the development and implementation of a dynamic sales and marketing strategy covering the complete marketing mix:
• Planning and measuring sales and marketing campaigns across all media – TV, Press, Radio, Outdoor, DM, Retail and Digital along with all associated creative and production resources
• Managing budgets effectively to ensure the best possible ROI at all times
• Creating and implementing the delivery of the group’s sales and marketing strategy to enhance brand integrity and positioning within the marketplace
• Developing an in depth consumer research and analysis programme to help attract new customers, retain existing customers, and fully understand the customer journey
• Lead insight and strategy on Website design, structure and functionality including SEO, PPC, Affiliate partners, Shopping Cart, Mobile & tablet initiatives, Behavioural Retargeting, Social Media, Product Reviews and Product Photography
• Development of key automated reporting systems to review daily and period performance across all sales and marketing activity
• List and database management including e-mail marketing campaigns and customer retention strategy
• Developing trade sales strategy and activity levels
• Results driven strategic marketer with excellent campaign planning skills
• Proven commercial experience in a fast paced environment
• Strong B2C, Retail and E-Commerce experience
• Creative and strategic thinker
• Extensive experience of managing a team of experienced marketers
• Strong team player
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Outstanding knowledge of all media channels
• Excellent analytical skills
This assignment is being handled exclusively by MET Marketing and all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to them.
"instantly approachable, took great interest in my business and what it is I want to achieve and more importantly in the candidate I was looking for... quickly on the case speaking with potential candidates and sending over relevant CVs... with me every step of the way to do that extra little bit of digging and answering any queries I had during the process"Managing Director Agency
"provided me with a couple of opportunities while I was unemployed and while other recruitment companies appeared desperate to push anyone into any of their roles... always delivered relevant and interesting opportunities and further helped my case with in-depth knowledge, tips and an honest approach"Account Manager Retail
"MET Marketing helped me find my most recent role and provided a supportive and expert service, ensuring I was matched with the right company in the right position. I would have no hesitation in recommending MET to others"Product Manager Financial Services
Managing Director Agency
Account Manager Retail
Product Manager Financial Services