Commercial Director - Yorkshire
Victoria Plumb is the UK’s leading retailer of bathrooms and accessories. As a web and direct-to-consumer specialist business they are at the leading edge of the digital space, and through difficult economic conditions have seen consistent and significant increases in turnover and profit over recent years.
This phenomenal success and growth can be attributed to sound commercial investment along with an exciting, design lead product range. Marketing has truly felt the benefit of this investment as the budget has grown to over £6m and the business launched its first significant TV campaign at the end of 2012.
Victoria Plumb is going through another dynamic period of exciting growth and change. With an anticipated turnover of circa £45m for 2013/14 and further growth towards £100m within 3 years, they are a major player in their market and a go-to brand for customers. This role is about taking the business to the next level by continuing the growth and development of brand equity and sales. This will mean a significant push on marketing and key will be the development of insight into the customer and market to develop a sound short and long-term multi-channel marketing strategy with quantifiable ROI.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will be experienced in managing £multi-million marketing budgets and will need to be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of multi-channel marketing and have proven experience of delivering successful ROI. The role will require the development and implementation of a dynamic sales and marketing strategy covering the complete marketing mix:
• Planning and measuring sales and marketing campaigns across all media – TV, Press, Radio, Outdoor, DM, Retail and Digital along with all associated creative and production resources
• Managing budgets effectively to ensure the best possible ROI at all times
• Creating and implementing the delivery of the group’s sales and marketing strategy to enhance brand integrity and positioning within the marketplace
• Developing an in depth consumer research and analysis programme to help attract new customers, retain existing customers, and fully understand the customer journey
• Lead insight and strategy on Website design, structure and functionality including SEO, PPC, Affiliate partners, Shopping Cart, Mobile & tablet initiatives, Behavioural Retargeting, Social Media, Product Reviews and Product Photography
• Development of key automated reporting systems to review daily and period performance across all sales and marketing activity
• List and database management including e-mail marketing campaigns and customer retention strategy
• Developing trade sales strategy and activity levels
• Results driven strategic marketer with excellent campaign planning skills
• Proven commercial experience in a fast paced environment
• Strong B2C, Retail and E-Commerce experience
• Creative and strategic thinker
• Extensive experience of managing a team of experienced marketers
• Strong team player
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Outstanding knowledge of all media channels
• Excellent analytical skills
This assignment is being handled exclusively by MET Marketing and all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to them.
"took the time to understand my career to date and expertly matched my skills to the requirements resulting in a fantastic career move for me...honest and friendly and kept me up to date with all the progress as soon as information became available. I would highly recommend"PPC & Analytics Executive Digital Agency
"I would highly recommend... if you're looking for a role within the marketing sector in the Leeds/York/Harrogate area... worked tirelessly in order for me to be placed in the best place suited for me. We had regular contact in person and over the phone over and I will definitely keep in contact"PPC Executive Agency
"MET gave a very quick turn around on an important position for us"Technology Director Travel
PPC & Analytics Executive Digital Agency
PPC Executive Agency
Technology Director Travel