7 Reasons Why December Is the Perfect Time To Look For A New Job
Many people think they are best waiting until the New Year to start their search for a new position. However, this is not necessarily the case and here’s why…
December is a golden opportunity for you to see what else is out there. The end of the year brings around a natural process of re-evaluating ones work and life situation. In this article are 7 reasons why December is not only the perfect time for sharing time and memories with your loved ones, but also for planning for the future and examining potential new career opportunities.
- Be the early bird – Whilst other potential applicants will be waiting until the New Year to kick off their job search you can get ahead of the pack by getting your application in now. We all want to know that we are beating the best but the less competition you have when applying for a role the more your chances are of securing the position. Also, it’s a great gift to give yourself to be offered in time for Christmas then you can really enjoy the festivities!
- Free time – Because many of your colleagues and customer alike will be taking time off over the Christmas period, many projects are essentially suspended through a lack of synergy. As a result, in some industries during the Christmas season work is a lot less chaotic and often relaxed when compared to the rest of the year. Whilst many of you marketeers would be lucky to get downtime (especially if you’re in retail!), for some this can be the perfect opportunity to use free time to get that job search moving.
- Make the most of your remaining Holiday days – You may have left over holiday days, so why not use them strategically to your benefit as opposed to eating into your 2015 Holiday days in the New Year. December is by far the easiest month to find an acceptable use to leave the office due to the spike in social and home-related events and tasks that occur around the Christmas period. In most cases bosses are therefore more accepting of reasons and it is comparatively easy to make an excuse to get out of the office for the day, or you may even be able to justify a long lunch or early finish.
- The end of the year brings bonuses– Now you have received your end of year bonus, you aren’t due to receive another for the next 11 months so it’s the perfect time to move before you feel tied in to get next year’s bonus for all your hard work. After all, you deserve nothing but the best. Time it right and you can get your next job secured, get your bonus secured and get the move made, the perfect scenario!
- Relocating closer to loved ones– When you travel home this Christmas visiting the family, all the nostalgia and feel good vibes this brings may tempt you to relocate closer to your loved ones on a more permanent basis. Why not call a local recruitment agency and let them do the work for you while you spend valuable time with your family. You can call our office on 0113 898 0240 or sign up for Job alerts on our website www.metmarketing.co.uk to discuss your plans with one of our friendly, honest and experienced consultants.
- The economy is improving– With the quarter-on-quarter resurgence of the UK economy 2014 has seen, for the first time since the recession hit our shores, a positive ratio of jobs to candidates. With many more opportunities available you are likely to receive a better total package than at any time previous this decade. Now is the time to be proactive in your search for a better future for you and your family.
- Christmas Party: The perfect goodbye – What better time to make amends to any co-workers you have fallen out with, or have that conversation you have been meaning to have with your manager but have not gotten around to yet than the Christmas Party. Of course, we would strongly advise you to do this before you are 5 drinks past your best and wouldn’t suggest you hand your notice in on the same day, but in all seriousness ending your stay with your current firm on a high, surrounded by good-will and positive co-workers is the ideal scenario.
Be the early bird, with a proactive approach to your future you can become the master of your own destiny. Send your CV to email@example.com now or visit our website www.metmarketing.co.uk to see the latest roles.Merry Christmas, enjoy the festivities and have a fantastic New Year! From all at MET Marketing
The only person who truly knows where you are along your career path is you. If you are unsure about this, if you are behind your plan, or if you would just like a fresh start and a new perspective to boot, there is no harm and nothing to be lost from considering your options and discussing your situation with a dedicated recruiter whose sole aim is to get you the best possible career opportunity based on your skill set and preferences. The New Year is time for change, a time for a new beginning. Therefore, it’s December when you need to put the work in to have the best opportunity to make your move and be starting your new job as early as possible in the new year.